Tales of whoever, whatever

"Setbacks are the opportunity to grow, to transcend, to stumble onto a better way"

Name:
Location: Singapore

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

I Almost Quit Because I was Wronged

I know this day would not be far off from yesterday. I could sense danger looming, but not the blood that would be shed ... ...

We had a departmental meeting in the morning. One of the bosses, standing in for the Big Boss who was away, pissed me off TOTALLY. Let's call this lady boss Bitch. Initially, she asked me for some updates on one of the projects I was handling. I managed to exchange some humourous quick wits with her. Then came the blades ... ... Bitch started drilling some questions to me on a matter that her staff had made the mistakes. Bitch was good ... she could shift the blames TOTALLY on me. No prizes for guessing how I felt for the rest of the day... ... Could you imagine she did that in front of all the AOs? The fact that she could blatantly lie through her teeth? I thought I was a master in telling lies in a straight face, but she was the Devil's daughter. A pity my Boss came after that, otherwise I would have seen her reactions. Anyway, I was contemplating the thought of quitting the whole day. I walked around in the NTUC to cool down for a few hours, thinking of the dreams that I have been wanting to persue. I realised I have been getting too engrossed and maybe comfortable in my job, in the process neglecting my dreams! What are my goals? Where do I want to be in 3 years time? Is this the right time to quit? When is the right time? Is there a right time at all? 1 more year to consolidate my power .... I told myself .... cool down .... don't be rash in making any decisions .... I must start planning what to do in the next 365 days, that is the time.

Continued the saga over the "date"... ... recall in the last episode that I mentioned buying a pair of movie tickets before asking her if she's free ... ... She told me to watch with someone else as she has an appointment already. She is watching Madagascar with her friend. And so it happened that I overheard her on the phone asking her friend whether the tickets have been bought. No is the answer ... ... Mine was bought. The rest is up to your imaginations ... ...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Adele said...

Cheer up, guess work is always like that.

10:56 AM  
Blogger X&Y said...

Thanks... ... just as it happened, I realized this is the game adults at work play.

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home